Sunday 15 July 2012

A non-definitive bucket list

I'm sure many of us, at one time or another, have thought about things we want to accomplish before we die.

I personally have been meaning to make a bucket list for quite a while but have always managed to put it off. No more. I think a bucket list is a fantastic idea, there's nothing like a goal to strive for. Basically it's taken some recent upsetting events for me to finally put myself into motion and materialise a list of things I'd like to do with my time on this earth, no matter how big or small. After all, the time we have is limited; you could go out tomorrow or 80 years from now but I've realised there is no time like the present to start living your dreams.

Without further ado here is a short list (I'll add to it) of things I wish to achieve, it'll be going on my bedroom wall where I'll look to it every day as a reminder, ticking off goals as I go.

1. Get a job in journalism at an established newspaper/magazine.

2. Have at least one article published in NME/The Guardian/Total Film.

3. Write a column for one of the above.

4. Meet Morrissey, Emily Haines and Shane Meadows.

 



5. Attend Oktoberfest, try ALL the beers.

6. Go to Canada, Bruges, Berlin, Tokyo, Prague and Sweden.

7. Write a novel.

8. Walk the South West coastal path.

9. Pay off my student loan.

10. Go skydiving.

11. Go bungee jumping.

12. Get a tattoo.

13. Travel to all 50 states.

First stop: Vermont

14. Learn to drive.

15. Drive a boat.

16. Watch the sun rise and set over a city.

17. Learn how to play the drums.

18. Go on a Safari in Africa.

19. Take my Nan to visit Ireland where she grew up.

20. Overcome my fear of birds by standing in the middle of Trafalgar Square, surrounded by pigeons.

Terrifying

21. See: Wicked, The Wizard of Oz, Chicago, The Lion King, We Will Rock You and Oliver in the West End.

22. Sing karaoke...solo.

23. Speak fluent German.

24. Go to a festival.

25. Volunteer abroad.

26. Be in a film/tv programme.

27. Swim with Sharks.

28. Fall in love.

29. Climb a mountain.

30. Go to the train station, ask the cashier to print me a random ticket to anywhere, go, explore.

31. Have something named after me.

32. Invent a word, have it appear in the Oxford English Dictionary.

33. Buy a vw camper and take a tour of England.

I will of course be avoiding Eric Cartman like the plague


34. Book my parents on a surprise holiday for their anniversary.

35. Get a matching tattoo with a friend.

36. Adopt a rescue dog.

So that's my list for now. Does anyone else have something in particular they really want to do? It'd be great to hear in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. That was some list you got there, Lora. And I think there is nothing wrong with having one so you can have something to look forward too. If I have a bucket list, that would be to do some traveling and buying a new car to go on a road trip – just like your dream!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?